A traffic stop in Provencal on Monday afternoon has led to the arrests of a man and a woman on various criminal charges including the seizure of suspected methamphetamine according to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies assigned to the NPSO Patrol Division were patrolling on La. Hwy 117 in Provencal on Monday afternoon, January 27, at approximately 1:00pm, when they stopped a 2001 Ford Mustang for traffic violations.

Deputies identified the operator of the vehicle as 29-year-old Lucinda Orsborn of Provencal.

Deputies say while speaking with Orsborn she stated “she didn’t have a drivers license”.

During a NLETS computer check, deputies learned Orsborn’s drivers license was suspended and there was no compulsory insurance on the vehicle she was operating.

A passenger in vehicle acting uneasy identified himself as Caleb Bass, however, an image provided by NPSO Dispatch to the deputies on the stop did not match the passenger.

Deputies placed the passenger under arrest at which time he identified himself as 28-year-old Joshua K. Bass of Coushatta, La.

A surrounding parish warrants check revealed Bass was wanted by the Red River Parish Sheriff’s Office on an outstanding Failure to Appear Warrant.

A wrecker was contacted to impound the vehicle because of no compulsory insurance.

During an inventory of the vehicle, deputies discovered and seized a small container containing suspected methamphetamine, syringes loaded with suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.

Deputies arrested:

Lucinda Orsborn, 29, of the 100 block of Lee Street, Provencal transported and booked into the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center charged with Possession of CDS Schedule II Methamphetamine-2nd Offense, Driving under Suspension, and traffic charges.

Joshua K. Bass, 28, of the 100 block of Lakeway Road, Coushatta transported and booked into the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center charged with Resisting an Officer by Giving a False Name and Failure to Appear in Red River Parish on prior criminal charges.

Both Orsborn and Bass remain in the Natchitoches Parish Detention Center awaiting bond, in addition to Bass pending transfer to Red River Parish.

Deputy A. Llorence was assisted by Deputies M. Robinson and Sgt. J. McDonald.

Go Back