The Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office Community Services Division considers it both a privilege and a responsibility to provide education and support to our citizens and to seek out opportunities to strengthen relationships between the residents of Natchitoches Parish and law enforcement. The Community Services Division provides for the watchful care and administration of its programs in several ways:
- Families in Need of Services (FINS) and the Truancy Center allow for close interaction between staff members and students, their families, and schools in order to facilitate home and learning environments that provide the foundations necessary for life.
- Adult and Juvenile Drug Courts are always ready to assist individuals who have alcohol or other drug abuse issues. Clients receive group counseling and other case management services throughout the duration of their involvement in Drug Court
- Teen Court allows juveniles who have been charged with misdemeanor crimes to have their cases argued by a prosecuting attorney and defense attorney, both of whom are also teens.
- The Great Body Shop, a health and fitness program, is offered to students in grades K-3 in Natchitoches Parish schools. The focus of The Great Body Shop curriculum is on teaching students how to make healthy choices for life.
- The FINS Mentoring Program, Neighborhood Watch, and National Night Out provide opportunities for the empowerment and encouragement of families and the community alike.
The Community Services Division actively seeks out initiatives which support youth as they grow into adults, and we are pleased to partner with the Natchitoches Parish School Board, Natchitoches Chamber of Commerce, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches Parish Council, and the City of Natchitoches, all of which further assist our efforts.
The Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office itself is committed not only to protecting and serving, but also to enhancing the community in which we live by giving selflessly to brighten the lives of others. The Community Services Division helps to coordinate and implement such programs as the Keep Natchitoches Parish Beautiful campaign, the Easter Bunny Foundation, Special Olympics, Christmas gift-giving activities, pet food drives for area shelters, as well as collecting money for those in need, both at home and abroad. As the focus of our work is to meet the needs of others, the Community Services Division also helps raise money in support of the American Cancer Society, March of Dimes, the Ronald McDonald House, and St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, in addition to supplying care packages for our soldiers overseas.
For more information regarding any of these programs, please contact our office at 238-7550